Water Jet Cutting
Water jet cutting is another way we could make a custom part
Water jet cutting is a tool capable of slicing into metal or other materials (such as granite) using a jet of water at high velocity and pressure, or a mixture of water and an abrasive substance. The process is essentially the same as water erosion found in nature but greatly accelerated and concentrated. It is often used during fabrication or manufacture of parts for machinery and other devices. It is the preferred method when the materials being cut are sensitive to the high temperatures generated by other methods.
- Clean dross free edges with a sandblasted finish
- Minimal mechanical stresses are applied to the material
- No heat affected zone is created
- Better finish and accuracy than laser cutting in materials over 12mm thick
- High levels of accuracy and repeatability