Flex-Pure® Enhanced EPDM Tri-Clamp Gaskets
Introducing Rubber Fab’s Flex-Pure® Enhanced EPDM Gasket
Traditional EPDM gaskets have been in the pharmaceutical processing industry for many years. While they have solved the problem of needing a seal that can handle temperatures between -30ºF to 300ºF, they have their shortcomings; one of which is gasket adhesion. Gasket adhesion is when the gasket sticks to the stainless steel flanges, causing loss of surface pressure, swelling of the gasket and excessive cleaning. This problem can become very costly for a number of reasons.
• Difficulty cleaning due to intrusion or surface roughness
• Damage to ferrules from excessive adhesion
• Time consuming maintenance
• Poor gasket performance which could lead to contamination
What if there was a better way?
- You could reduce your maintenance efforts significantly by using pharmaceutical grade gaskets that do not stick to the flanges?
- You could eliminate the need for endlessly checking your sealing connection
- There was a high-purity gasket that delivers a higher sealing performance, even in the most challenging hygienic applications such as SIP and CIP, as well as temperature cycling
Introducing Flex-Pure® Enhanced EPDM Tri-Clamp® Gasket
Rubber Fab’s Flex-Pure® EPDM gasket has a good temperature resistance from -29ºF to 300ºF (-34ºC to 149ºC) and has excellent media resistance to hot water, steam, acids and alkalies. Due to its very good resistance to steam, acids and alkalies, Flex-Pure® is compatible with most CIP (Cleaning in Place) and SIP (Sterilization in Place) cleaning media. Flex-Pure™ is therefore suitable for use in sterilizable bioreactors and in many synthesis processes for active pharmaceutical ingredients.
- Laser marked by default with lot number and material name
- Full and easy traceability
- Highest purity of products – peroxide cured
- Suitable for SIP and CIP
- Good steam resistance – very low swell and minimal loss of physical properties after repeated steam cycling
- Good chemical resistance – very low swell and minimal loss of physical properties after long-term exposure to CIP media
- Clean and easy removal of gaskets – no sticking to the flanges
- Low extractable values
- Excellent dimensional stability
- Very low compression set for best sealing performance
Download the literature to learn more about Flex-Pure® and how it holds up to the competition!